Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
2111 Wilson, Blvd, Suite 500, Arlington, VA 22201
Phone: (703) 600-0305 Email: [email protected]
2004-2008 Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland
2001-2003 M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Southern Illinois University
1994-1999 B.S. in Thermal Science and Engineering, Beijing Polytechnic University
Director, Research, 2008-Present, Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute
- Develop research programs/projects for the HVAC&R industry;
- Manage and oversee AHRI and AHRTI funded research programs/projects;
- Provide technical support to AHRI standards development, certification programs, and regulatory activities;
Mechanical Engineer, 1999-2001, Beijing Equipment Installation Eng. CO
- Manage and support air-conditioning and refrigeration system installation projects in commercial buildings
Dr. Xudong Wang has 11 years of professional experience in the HVACR industry. He is responsible to closely work with AHRI Members to develop and manage research programs and projects addressing common issues and challenges that the industry faces. He has initiated and managed multiple research programs and projects related to assess low GWP refrigerants’ performance, compatibility and safety. Some examples are:
- AHRI Low-GWP Alternative Refrigerants Evaluation Program
- AHRTI Flammable Refrigerants Research Program
- AHRI project 8004: Risk Assessment of Residential Heat Pumps using A2L Refrigerants
- AHRTI project 9007: Benchmarking Flammable Refrigerants Risk by Real Life Leak and Ignition Testing
Wang, X. and Amrane, K., “Alternative Refrigerant Evaluation for High Ambient Temperature Environments”, JRAIA International Symposium on New Refrigerants and Environmental Technology 2016, 1-2 December 2016, Kobe, Japan.
Wang, X. and Amrane, K., “AHRI Low Global Warming Alternative Refrigerants Evaluation Program (Low-GWP AREP) – Summary of Phase II Testing Results”, Proceedings of the 16th International Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Conference at Purdue, 2016.
Wang, X and Amrane K., “AHRI Research Activities on Low Global Warming Potential Alternative Refrigerants”, 24th IIR International Congress of Refrigeration, 16-22 August 2015, Yokohama, Japan.
Wang, X. and Amrane, K., “AHRI Low Global Warming Alternative Refrigerants Evaluation Program (Low-GWP AREP) – Summary of Phase I Results”, Proceedings of the 15th International Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Conference at Purdue, 2014.
American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)